Tax: Personal Tax
Different types of tax, each with its own complex set of rules and requirements, mean thousands of people end up paying more tax than they need. Our advisors are experienced experts in specific areas of tax, whose technical insight enables them to work with individuals and business owners on reducing their overall tax exposure to UK and international tax systems.
The current tax structure, with self-assessment and the potential for tax repayments, means even the simplest of cases can benefit significantly from positive tax advice. This applies to company directors, self-employed individuals and partners, employees, non-residents with funds in the UK, and private clients with inherited income.
Individual taxation advice
In addition to providing broad-based advice on annual income tax returns, we can help with:
- income and corporation tax
- stamp duty land tax
- financial planning
- VAT capital taxes such as inheritance tax
- Self assessment
- Current year basis of assessment
- Capital gains tax
- Inheritance tax and will planning
- Individuals living or working abroad
- The use and effects of 'roll over relief'
Income tax returns
One of our partners is directly responsible for every client, ensuring that his or her affairs are dealt with confidentially and and efficiently. Our income tax returns service includes:
- Checking all income sources and gains are correctly returned
- Preparing supplementary schedules and computations
- Ensuring all allowances have been obtained
- Dealing with any income tax repayments
- Dealing with all correspondence from the Inland Revenue
- Checking and advising on the tax payable
- Advising generally on the benefits of independent taxation
- Keeping the client informed in relation to their affairs
What our personal tax clients say about us:
"To say the least, I am most impressed by the quality of service provided by your Company throughout this most complex of matters, with especial reference to obtaining a most satisfactory outcome in regard to a totally unexpected Inland Revenue demand for backpayment of tax, which otherwise would have caused the most serious personal financial difficulties.
I would therefore be obliged if you could kindly accept my grateful thanks in this matter, and also convey the same to your employees, who demonstrated a most considerate and professional approach throughout the progressing of this most difficult appeal application."
Mr M - Private Tax Client
"Mitchell Charlesworth provide an efficient and personalised tax advice service that has catered to my changing needs over a number of years. They are always quick to respond to my tax queries and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them."
Mr. Howe, Personal Tax Client
Click here to download your free copy of the latest budget report, tax strategy tips and tax rates and personal allowance tables.
For further information or to speak to an advisor contact the team or send a quick enquiry.