As much as 15 per cent of a business' cash flow is tied up in VAT, so it is crucially important to manage payment and compliance efficiently and effectively.
This increasingly complex area of tax costs businesses dear if VAT issues are not resolved promptly, or VAT saving opportunities are missed.
Our specialist VAT team comprises technically gifted individuals who are extensively experienced in highlighting potential VAT problems and identifying ways of reducing VAT costs.
- As well as advising on VAT registration and tax planning, our team offers valuable guidance on the highly complex rules covering areas such as the acquisition or disposal of businesses
- We carry out a free initial review of your VAT position to establish whether there have been any underpayments or over payments
- In addition we advise on matters specific to your businesses and can resolve any of your VAT-related questions or potential problems
- Dealing direct with HM Revenue and Customs is proving increasingly difficult, and we are experienced in obtaining rulings, submitting voluntary disclosures and options to tax, as well as liaising with VAT inspectors
- VAT rules change quickly and updates in legislation and case law developments are complex and time consuming. We ensure your business is informed of any changes - including retrospective ones which create opportunities for refunds
If your business has been involved in any of the following situations, a VAT review may well lead to a significant reduction of your tax burden.
- Commercial or domestic property purchase, sale, development or construction
- Receiving grant or other non-business income
- Partially exempt with a without a special method
- Cash flow problems
- International trade
- Receiving assessments or default surcharges from HM Revenue & Customs
For further information or to speak to an advisor contact the team or send a quick enquiry.