Here at Mitchell Charlesworth, we are more than just your accountants. Our priority is the success of our clients and we demonstrate this through our core values:
- We want to maximise client satisfaction through service delivery in all our service areas
- We work together. We know that real teamwork is the key to delivering the service our clients deserve and makes it more enjoyable along the way
- Our door is always open, and we are committed to supporting our clients at all times
- We take pride in the quality of our service and the integrity of our team
- We nurture a culture of continuous improvement and look at new ways to do things
- We create solutions to problems as well as develop our services to meet our client's need.
The point of contact for all practice clients is the engagement partner who will oversee any work carried out on their clients. The choice of accountancy firms is wide, and finding a firm who are able to deal with their clients in a friendly and professional manner is important.
The practice carries out a structured training programme for all partners and staff to ensure they are up to date with current legislation and practice, as well as accounting and auditing standards, taxation, business methods and modern technology.
The firm is therefore able to provide a prompt and efficient service to a high standard and at competitive rates.
We are mindful that our staff remain the single most important element of our business and our aim is to maintain the same culture, whilst allowing staff to progress within the practice we also wish to maintain a good work/life balance for all the team. We want to ensure that working for or with Mitchell Charlesworth is an enjoyable experience. Here at Mitchell Charlesworth we encourage each other. We support and develop the team because we know that it is us as people that make the difference. We also encourage professional development among not only accounting staff but support staff too. We support family friendly working practices through offering flexible working, and participate in a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
The Firm is fully committed to providing a positive and harmonious working environment that offers equal treatment and equal opportunities for all its employees and where every employee is treated with respect and dignity, free of any unlawful discrimination. These principles of equality of treatment and non discrimination also apply to the manner in which our staff treat clients, our business partners, suppliers of services and visitors.
Mitchell Charlesworth support both local and national charities through a variety of activities across all of our offices, to include dedicated charity days, participating in marathons and other sport-related events, cake sales and donations through Christmas card initiatives, to name but a few.
We have a long history of working with local communities and voluntary organisations. This ranges from pro bono work to provide high quality professional support to organisations that wouldn’t ordinarily be able to access it, through to taking part in community activities and fundraising. Many of our senior staff and partners are members of charity and school boards, providing support and professional advice to these local groups. All of our staff are encouraged to become involved with these initiatives either through the practice or in their own areas. By way of example, we have active volunteers in the following organisations: Guide Dogs for the Blind, parkrun, Princes Trust, Mersey Kidney First and Stick n Step, amongst others.
Mitchell Charlesworth strive to be environmentally friendly wherever possible, and we carry out the following actions to demonstrate this:
- Make every effort to recycle paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, toners and ink cartridges
- Computer equipment is donated for refurbishment to be used by voluntary groups in the UK and abroad
- We print double sided to minimise paper use
- We use environmentally friendly waste management companies
- We shred and recycle confidential waste
- We're increasingly using email and online media rather than paper based marketing and communication materials
- We have switched to an electronic document management system to reduce the use and associated waste of paper.