The Liverpool City Region has announced a new £9.5 million support fund for hospitality and leisure businesses together with their supply chains.
This new scheme is designed to support businesses that have not been eligible for or received funds from other support grants, including the Liverpool City Region Hospitality and Leisure Grant and the Local Restrictions Support Grant.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to small and micro businesses in the hospitality and leisure sectors within the Liverpool City Region that have been trading on or before 11 March 2020.
- Retail businesses that operate from commercial retail premises, have been forced to close due to national restrictions and that are not eligible for Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed)
- Businesses that directly supply the Hospitality and Leisure sectors, that are not eligible for Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) and that operate from commercial premises
- Home based businesses – e.g. a self-employed person, sole trader, or a limited company that predominantly works in or supplies the Hospitality and Leisure sectors, and can no longer generate income through usual channels, e.g. face to face, and has ongoing business-related costs. Licensed Market traders (in any part of the Retail sector) are eligible to apply under this category.
To be eligible, a business must:
- be a small or micro business
- be based in the Liverpool City Region
- have been trading since 11 March 2020
- have not been eligible or received a grant from a local authority from October 2020 onwards
- employ one or more FTE equivalent employee(s)
- be able to demonstrate that its trading activities have been significantly and negatively impacted by COVID-19 restrictions
- be State Aid compliant
- still be trading on or before 1 October 2020.
Full details of eligible businesses can be found via the Liverpool City Council website.
A business is excluded if it is:
- dissolved or about to be dissolved
- a dormant company
- insolvent or if insolvency action has been instigated against it.
How can I apply?
Applications can only be made online. The application period opens at 10.00am on Monday 30 November 2020 and closes at 5.00pm on Friday 11 December 2020.
To make an online application please visit the Liverpool City Council website here.
How much will I get?
The amount awarded depends on the rateable value of the commercial premises that a business occupies.