Local authorities in the Liverpool City Region have confirmed the launch of a new grant to support businesses affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
Who is eligible?
To qualify for support, businesses must:
- Be a small or micro business
- Have been trading on 1st February 2021 with a view to making a profit or surplus and not a dormant company
- Not make a claim against more than one category of this grant
- Be based in the Liverpool city region and have been trading on or before 31st October 2020
- Employ one or more people – a sole director, or a self-employed person counts as one employee.
Type of businesses that can apply:
Businesses that can apply include:
- Businesses ordered to close from 5th January 2021 that are not in the business rates system, are not eligible for a Local Restrictions Support Grant and are based in commercial premises
- Businesses in the hospitality and leisure sector or supply chain that either pay business rates or have commercial property-related costs
- Self-employed people, sole traders and home-based businesses that mainly work in or supply the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors
- Licensed market traders
- Businesses in any sector not eligible for other grant schemes that can demonstrate a loss of at least 40%* in sales or revenue due to Covid-19 including the self-employed, sole traders and home-based businesses
*To evidence the loss in sales or revenue of at least 40% and to show trading on or before 31st October 2020, you must provide a statement from a qualified, independent accountant.
Who cannot apply?
Your business will not qualify for a grant if it has:
- Received a Hospitality and Leisure Grant from round 1
- Received a Hospitality, Leisure and Retail Grant Expanded Scheme round 2
- Received or is eligible for a Taxi Licence Grant
- Received or is eligible for Local Restrictions Support Grant
- Been subject to Covid-19 environmental health or planning enforcement prosecution brought by the police, or any other authority, since 1st April 2020
How to apply:
Please visit your relevant Local Authority website via the links below: