Liverpool City Region Combined Authority creates new Liverpool City Region Local Business Support Grant
Local authorities in the Liverpool City Region have confirmed the launch of a new grant to support businesses affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
Who is eligible?
To qualify for support, businesses must:
- Be a small or micro business
- Have been trading on 1st February 2021 with a view to making a profit or surplus and not a dormant company
- Not make a claim against more than one category of this grant
- Be based in the Liverpool city region and have been trading on or before 31st October 2020
- Employ one or more people - a sole director, or a self-employed person counts as one employee.
Type of businesses that can apply:
Businesses that can apply include:
- Businesses ordered to close from 5th January 2021 that are not in the business rates system, are not eligible for a Local Restrictions Support Grant and are based in commercial premises
- Businesses in the hospitality and leisure sector or supply chain that either pay business rates or have commercial property-related costs
- Self-employed people, sole traders and home-based businesses that mainly work in or supply the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors
- Licensed market traders
- Businesses in any sector not eligible for other grant schemes that can demonstrate a loss of at least 40%* in sales or revenue due to Covid-19 including the self-employed, sole traders and home-based businesses
*To evidence the loss in sales or revenue of at least 40% and to show trading on or before 31st October 2020, you must provide a statement from a qualified, independent accountant.
Who cannot apply?
Your business will not qualify for a grant if it has:
- Received a Hospitality and Leisure Grant from round 1
- Received a Hospitality, Leisure and Retail Grant Expanded Scheme round 2
- Received or is eligible for a Taxi Licence Grant
- Received or is eligible for Local Restrictions Support Grant
- Been subject to Covid-19 environmental health or planning enforcement prosecution brought by the police, or any other authority, since 1st April 2020
How much could my business receive?
Sole traders, self employed people, home based workers, and licensed market traders without commercial premises will be granted £3,750. Values for businesses with commercial premises are set out below:
How to apply:
Please visit your relevant Local Authority website via the links below: