A quick reminder that as per the Chancellor’s Budget on 3rd March, the Restart Grant scheme, which is intended to support non-essential businesses in re-opening safely as COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, is now open for applications.
What is it?
The new government-backed Restart Grant replaces the Local Restrictions Support Grant and is administered via Local Authorities.
Who is eligible to apply?
A business may be eligible if it is:
- Based in England
- Liable for business rates on 1 April 2021
- In the non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care or gym sectors
- Trading on 1 April 2021.
A business may not apply if it:
- Is in administration, insolvent or has been struck off the Companies House register
- Has exceed the permitted subsidy allowance (see the government guidance below).
How much can you get?
Local Authorities will use their discretion to determine whether businesses meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme. Eligible businesses may be paid as follows:
- A one-off grant of up to £6,000 in the non-essential retail sector
- A one-off grant of up to £18,000 in the hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym sectors.
How to apply:
Applications must be made online via the businesses’ relevant Local Authority website. We have included links to the Local Authorities closest to our offices below:
Full government guidance can be found here.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns then you should not hesitate to get in touch with your usual Mitchell Charlesworth adviser.