Budget 2017 - main tax proposals
Our summary concentrates on the tax measures which include:
- a reduction in the Dividend Allowance
- changes to the timing of Making Tax Digital for smaller businesses.
Previously announced measures include:
- increases to the personal allowance and basic rate band (a decreased band for Scottish residents)
- the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy
- changes to corporation tax loss relief
- the introduction of an additional inheritance tax residence nil rate band
- changes for non-UK domiciled individuals.
The Budget proposals may be subject to amendment in a Finance Act. You should contact a member of our team below before taking any action as a result of the contents of this summary.
Contact the 2017 Budget Team
Director of Payroll0151 4237500Widnes
Director of Tax0151 4237500Widnes
Payroll Manager0151 4237500Widnes
Chartered Insurance Practitioner0151 2552300Liverpool