Budget 2017 - main tax proposals
Our summary concentrates on the tax measures which include:
- a reduction in the Dividend Allowance
- changes to the timing of Making Tax Digital for smaller businesses.
Previously announced measures include:
- increases to the personal allowance and basic rate band (a decreased band for Scottish residents)
- the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy
- changes to corporation tax loss relief
- the introduction of an additional inheritance tax residence nil rate band
- changes for non-UK domiciled individuals.
The Budget proposals may be subject to amendment in a Finance Act. You should contact a member of our team below before taking any action as a result of the contents of this summary.
Contact the 2017 Budget Team
Director of VAT0161 8176100Manchester
Director of Payroll0151 4237500Widnes
Director of Tax0151 4237500Widnes
Payroll Manager0151 4237500Widnes
Chartered Insurance Practitioner0151 2552300Liverpool