Retail Hospitality and Leisure Grant Funding
In response to the coronavirus outbreak, the UK has government confirmed support for businesses in the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure sectors by the introduction of Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant (‘RHLG’) funding.
Who is eligible?
Businesses which on the 11th of March 2020 whose properties had a rateable value of less than £51,000 and would have been eligible for a discount under the Expanded Retail Discount Scheme. Charities which would otherwise meet this criteria but whose bill for 11 March had been reduced to nil by a local discretionary award should are still considered to be eligible for RHLG.
Businesses with rateable properties in excess of £51,000 are not eligible for support for this scheme.
How much will I receive?
- Businesses with a property with rateable value of up and and including £15,000 will receive £10,000
- Businesses with a property with a rateable value of over £15,000 up to and including £51,000 will receive £25,000.
How do I make the claim?
The schemes will be delivered by your businesses local authority who will make contact with eligible businesses directly.
What businesses are excluded from the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant?
- Properties occupied for personal use i.e. private stables, beach huts and moorings
- Car parks and car parking spaces
- Businesses which were in liquidation or dissolved on 11th March 2020 are not eligible.
Can I claim both the Small Business Grant Funding and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Fund?
No. Businesses are only entitled to receive one grant in total from either scheme per property.