At Mitchell Charlesworth we are consistently looking for ways in which we can improve the service we offer our clients and prove that we are more than just your accountants. As such we are pleased to announce the launch of our brand new Mitchell Charlesworth App. The app can be downloaded free of charge for I-phone, I-pad and Android devices.
What Does the App Do?
The App has been developed by Mitchell Charlesworth to give you convenient key accounting data whenever you need it.
The Mitchell Charlesworth App will enable you to perform a number of calculations i.e. the tax on certain company cars or check the amount of tax you might be paying, as well as offering direct access to our news feed, the Mitchell Charlesworth team and our social media feeds. So the next time you need to look up a tax rate or work out a VAT calculation, our new App can help. You can also browse our library of tax tables, including National Insurance, Inheritance Tax and Income Tax which will give you the very latest tax rates whenever you need them.
- Mileage Tracker:
GPS mileage tracker allows business mileage users to manage mileage on the move with a permanent record on your Smartphone of your precise journey and the exact mileage covered. This information can then be emailed to your accountant, head office, payroll section – whoever needs the information.
- Receipt Manager:
Allows you to photograph and electronically file your travel, accommodation receipts etc. to minimise clutter.
- Solutions for You:
An overview of the services that we offer to help you and your business.
- Key Dates:
A summary of the key tax dates and deadlines for small businesses.
The app also includes the following calculators covering a wide range of applications, each one designed to give users information they might need when ‘on the move’:
- APR: Provides APR based on a nominal rate of interest
- Company Car: Useful for company car users wanting to establish how much they will be taxed for the benefit of a company car. Also shows related fuel benefits.
- Contractors: Enter your daily or hourly rate of pay to show your monthly and annual contract values and your expected monthly take-home pay.
- Corporation Tax: Enter your profits for the year to establish your Corporation Tax liability and your Profit After Tax.
- Dividend vs Salary: Establish if it is more advantageous to take profits from your business as salary or dividends.
- Income Tax: Enter the amount of your weekly or monthly pay and you’ll be able to see the total deductions for tax, NI and your net earnings.
- Increased Profit: Enter your accounts figures and the calculator allows you to apply scenarios to gauge the impact on your net profit.
- Inheritance Tax: Inheritance Tax requires careful planning. This calculator provides a simple answer to the amount of Inheritance Tax payable if little or no planning is undertaken however please note that the results shown in the calculators are to be used as a guide only and are not designed to be used as a substitute for professional advice.
- Loan: This calculator will help establish the amount of interest and fixed monthly repayments on any loan.
- Mortgage: Calculates how much monthly repayments will be depending on the size of the mortgage, the term of the loan and the current interest rate being charged.
- Payslip: Shows how much your net pay will be after tax and NI deductions on entering tax code and gross salary.
- Savings: Calculates the growth in your savings over a fixed period and how much you could expect in interest if you reinvest the total amount at the end of the term.
- Should I incorporate?: Often a difficult decision to make. Enter your expected profits for the year and the number of partners in the business and the calculator will work out whether it’s more beneficial to be taxed as a sole trader or as a limited company.
- Stamp Duty: Determines the amount of stamp duty chargeable on the purchase of property or shares. Stamp Duty is a complex tax, so please contact us if you are unsure of how it is applied.
- VAT: Works out the amount of VAT included in any figure, or the VAT that needs to be added to a VAT-exclusive amount.
Please note that the results shown in the calculators are to be used as a guide only and are not designed to be used as a substitute for professional advice.
How to Download:
In order to download the app, view this webpage on your mobile device and click on the links below:
Contact us Further:
If you would like to arrange a meeting to discuss any specific issue related to expense receipts or their tax implications, please contact us.
DISCLAIMER: The Mitchell Charlesworth app and the calculators and information within it have been produced as a helpful reference point. The calculators provide illustrations only and your specific circumstances are best discussed directly with MC. No action should be taken without seeking the appropriate professional or legal advice. The authors accept no responsibility whatsoever for any loss occasioned by anyone acting on information within this app.