Introduction to the Charity Newsletter Summer 2018
Welcome to the latest edition of our charity newsletter, providing you with updates on the latest news and legislation affecting the sector. Mitchell Charlesworth has a specialist team of charity advisors who are based across the North West and provide real support to the local charity community.As you may have guessed from our front cover, the theme of this edition is all about change, and not of the pocket variety!
Firstly there is new VAT guidance for charities surrounding grants, an overview of the proposed changes to SORP, and changes to automatic disqualification rules and annual return requirements. We welcome North West cerebral palsy charity Stick ‘n’ Step to this edition. You can read more about them on page 6. We hope that this becomes a regular feature as we are always looking for ways in which we can assist our clients with promoting their aims and values, so please do get in touch if you would like to include an article.
We hope you find this newsletter useful and if you would like to discuss any of the points raised in the articles, discuss a current issue or would like to arrange an appointment, please contact one of our specialist partners:
- HMRC’s Updated Guidance on VAT and Grant Income
- Charities - MTD and VAT update
- Legacy Consortium issues plea...
- SORP Update
- Sector Spotlight: Stepping up for children with cerebral palsy
- Changes to automatic disqualification rules for charities
- Charity Commission amends annual return requirements
- There might be 'a new era of public sector grants' for charities...
- Changing the structure of a charity
- Mitchell Charlesworth News