Products Liability Insurance
Do I need Products Liability Cover?
Do you design, manufacture or supply a physical product?
If you do then your business needs products liability, even if you do not charge a fee for the product.
Why do I need it?
Your business may be held legally responsible for any injuries to people or damage to property caused by a faulty product.
What if I don’t manufacture the product?
You can be held liable for faulty products even if you did not manufacture them. You may be liable for compensation if:
- You import the product from outside the European Union
- the product’s manufacturer cannot be identified
- the manufacturer has gone out of business
- your business name is on the product
- you repair, refurbish or adjust the product in any way.
What does it cover me for?
Product liability insurance protects you against the cost of compensation for:
- loss of or damage to third party property caused by your faulty product
- personal injuries to third parties caused by your faulty product
Contact a member of our Insurance Team below
Director of Insurance0151 4237500Widnes
Mitchell Charlesworth Insurance Solutions Ltd is registered in England and Wales no. 7002662 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.